After a slow start to the Australia Autumn / winter season, temperatures are now finally decreasing. And being the true Melbourne girl I am, I will proudly admit I actually look forward to revisiting and re creating my winter wardrobe each year.
Don’t get me wrong it’s not that I dislike summer altogether, but I tend to feel summer styles and colours seem to come and go each season. Whereas winter styling is a little more sustainable. Items may be slightly more expressive due to there sheer bulk but keep in mind these tend to be long term, investment items such a cashmere knits, woollen coats and quality leather pieces.
Here are my top winter tips.
1. Aim for quality over quantity – You may be surprised that much loved $200 sweater is 100% acrylic and will be lucky to see out the current winter season, let alone the next.
2. Cashmere sweaters are a cosy must have item which can be worn with pretty much anything.
3. As weather can be very unpredictable ensure you have a statement coat on hand as all times. Mine tends to be a regular back seat passenger in my car.
4. Wear what works for your body shape and skin tones.
5. Quality leather pieces are crucial to any winter wardrobe and will only get better with age.
6. Shoe polish will instantly revive your much loved boots. Giving them that almost new feeling.
7. An oversized duster cardigan. My personal favourites are snuggly cotton’s, fuzzy cashmere or mohair.
8. Don’t be scared to layer. Need further inspiration check out previous blog post – The return of the Privileged Preppy.
9. Lastly remember to keep your skin hydrated throughout the cooler months.
Do you have any winter must haves i may not have mentioned ?
Sweater : Decjuba
Bag: Saint Laurent
Photographer : Ruby Golddust