Practical packing when travelling for extended periods of time is the key not just looking good but keeping things easy and versatile Whether your visiting those must see sites, dining out or hitting some of the worlds best clubs and festivals here is few of my own tips to help you pack.
1. Rolling your clothes not only saves space in your already overloaded suit case, it helps ease the crease factor your clothes will naturally get when packed tightly.
2. A few good shoulder bags. For my trip to Europe which I’m currently on. I personally packed the Rebecca Minkoff tan bag shown in this post as an everyday option its relaxed vibe and colour is perfect for Tomorrowland festival weekend. I also packed my classic black Celine trio ( those who have been following my blog for sometime will know which one I’m referring too) this option is great for day to night and the front pouch unclips and doubles as a clutch for night time dinner dates if needed.
3. Machine washable silk items are a perfect all rounder . I have personally packed a Cami and slip dress, both in black of course. You can take the girl out of Melbourne but you can’t take Melbourne out of the girl. These items are light weight, breathable for those balmy hot days and can be dressed up or down. I just use my hair dryer to iron out any slight creasing.
Example 1 slip dress + neck chocker + sandals or wedge = perfect dinner attire.
Example 2 slip dress + white tee + Sneakers = Ready to see those life changing sites.
Which now brings me to tips 4 and 5.
4. Sneakers are a must as you are most likely going to be doing a fair bit of foot work if visiting sites – just some of those airport gate treks are a marathon. And a big bonus and struck of luck – sneakers are an “it” thing at the moment and perfect for the plane so they won’t weigh your luggage down.
5. A few good tee options. I don’t think I need to elaborate on this tip to much there’s a reason they are a worldwide staple in every wardrobe plus they fit snugly in all the gaps of your luggage
6. A light weight denim jacket for those unexpected coolers days/evenings. This teamed with a tee, light weight relaxed pants and sneakers was my long hall plane outfit. Plus you can still tie it up using the sleeves around your waist or shoulders rather than carry around.
7. And final tip would be to keep your luggage lite and easy is to match things as much as you can, treat it as if its a range or story you’ve pulled together. If everything more or less matches you can switch things up day to night, casual to formal, layered for weather changes and still feel like you have lots of choices without feeling like you need to lug your entire wardrobe.
Do you have any other practical packing tips I may have missed ?
Dress and jacket – MINKPINK
Bag – Rebecca Minkoff
For as long as I can remember traveling and seeing the world was always in my dreams I even remember holding the atlas page against the window sunlight and tracing the line to all the places I wanted to go YES my younger self was a bit of a dorky dreamer but I was visualising my future plans.
After a slow start to the Australia Autumn / winter season, temperatures are now finally decreasing. And being the true Melbourne girl I am, I will proudly admit I actually look forward to revisiting and re creating my winter wardrobe each year.
Finding your perfect mascara can be like finding that one hair dresser you swear by. This doesn’t mean the others are bad and arnt good at what they offer, it’s just what personally works for you and your needs.
Fun & Flirty – Inspired by the 1940’s and 50’s these fitted upper and fuller volume skirt dresses are currently being embraced by some of fashions most influential style setters and media personalities of today.
TRICKY TRENDS – When it comes to the fashion, not everyone understands certain key trends or colour palettes the industry considers ‘On Trend’.